In November 2014, Innovate Public Schools published “Struggling Schools, Promising Solutions: Silicon Valley’s Lowest-Performing Schools and What Can Be Done for Students Who Attend Them.” The report calls on local communities, especially superintendents and school boards, to take swift action to find lasting solutions for the students attending the 28 schools singled out in the report. It summarizes research from across the country on how to effectively turn around struggling schools and highlights examples of successful schools and turnaround efforts that can inform and inspire efforts in Silicon Valley.
Read the report at www.innovateschools.org/turnaround.
Below you can find deeper profiles on turnaround efforts from across the country and links to resources:
- Boston Public Schools
- Chicago’s Academy for Urban School Leadership
- Green Dot Public Schools
- Lawrence Public Schools
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools
- Partnership for Los Angeles Schools
- Philadelphia’s Mastery Charter Schools
- Philadelphia’s Renaissance Schools
- Sanger Unified School District
- UP Education Network